Chatpata Cone Chaat
- 1 cup Maida (All purpose flour)
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of Water/Curd
- Oil for Frying
Stuffing for cones
- 10-15 pieces of Potato Balls
- 1/2 cup chopped Tomatoes without pulp
- 1 cup Boiled Garbanzo Beans (Safed chhole)
- 1/2 cup chopped Onions
- 1 cup Beaten curd/Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Tamarind Chutney
- 1/2 cup Green Chutney
- 1/2 Everest Thikhala Powder (to sprinkle on top of chaat)
- 2 tsp Everest Chaat Masala (to sprinkle on top of chaat)
- Take Kid’s craft paper, scissor, aluminium foil and tape. Cut paper in square and roll it to form a cone.
- Keep on twisting till it forms a cone shape. Apply tape to secure the edges.
- Use a scissor to trim off its pointy top.
- Start rolling the cones in aluminium foil and secure it again with tape.
- Cones are ready to be wrapped in dough.
- Knead the dough by combining all the ingredients. Add water carefully.
- Make small balls and roll out the dough in a form of a big circle. Using a pizza cutter or knife cut out thin strips.
- Starting from the top start wrapping the cones. If you run out of a strip before wrapping the whole cone- start using the other one. At the end wrap the cone and seal it at the bottom.
- Once the dough is wrapped, press the dough firmly around the cones so that there is no gap left.
- Wrapped cones are ready for a bath in oil.
- Preheat oven at 300 °F. For baking cones, roll out the dough and cut them in strips.
- Now roll each strip up.
- Combine each strip and form a big loop.
- Keep the cone at one end and start rolling the dough around the scone.
- Wrap the full scone and trim the excess off.
- All wrapped cones ready for baking.
- Brush the scones with butter and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Bake for 15 – 20 mins.
- Allow them to cool off and by applying little pressure separate the cones from its moulds.
- Baked cones are ready to be filled.
- Heat oil in a pan. Using a tong carefully drop cones one by one into the hot oil.
- Keep frying till golden brown. CAREFULLY TILT THE CONE IN SUCH A WAY THAT ALL THE OIL THAT WAS FILLED INSIDE THE CONE IS DRAINED OUT. Place it on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Keep frying all the cones.
- Allow the cones to sit for a while. When cooled just hold he bottom part and pull out the cone moulds.
- Cones are ready to be filled with the stuffing of your choice.
Assemble all the ingredients.
- Break aloo balls in half and stuff it inside the cone. Add green chutney and tamarind chutney.
- Add curd, garbanzo beans, Everest Chaat Masala and aloo balls.
- Repeat the toppings. Add green chutney, curd, tamarind chutney and Everest Chaat Masala.
- Cone chaat is ready.