Hyderabadi Veg Biryani
- Basmati rice,soaked – 1 1/2 cups
- Onions, diced – 2 medium
- Carrots, French beans, Cauliflower, Green peas2 medium
- Salt to taste
- Black cardamom – 1 No.
- Cloves – 15 Nos.
- Cinnamon – 1 1/2 inch stick
- Bay leaf – 1 No.
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Everest Turmeric Powder – 1tsp
- Everest Red Chilli Powder – 1tsp
- Everest Coriander Powder- 1tsp
- Yoghurt – 1/2 cup
- Rose water – 1/2 tsp
- Saffron (kesar) – a few strands
- Fresh tomato puree – 1 cup
- Everest Shahi Biryani Masala – 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped – 2 tsp
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped – 2 tsp
- Add black cardamom, five cloves, half inch stick of cinnamon with rice in boiling water. Drain excess water and set aside.
- On a heated pan, add the spices along with bay leaf and caraway seeds and roast. Add onions, carrot, French beans, cauliflower floret, green peas and ginger-garlic paste mixed with a little water. Cover and cook for two minutes.
- Now add tomato puree to the vegetables alongwith Everest Turmeric Powder, Everest Red Chilli Powder, Everest Coriander Powder and half tsp Everest Shahi Biryani Masala and mix well.
- Whisk yoghurt with rose water and saffron. Arrange a layer of rice at the bottom in a thick bottomed pad, followed by a layer of vegetables and a layer of rice.
- Add Everest Shahi Biryani Masala, coriander leaves, mint leaves and yogurt mixture. Cook for 10 minutes. Let it stand for five minutes. Serve hot with Raita.