Lucknowi Chicken Biryani
- 500 gms Chicken
- 1 tbsp Everest Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Everest Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Everest Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Everest Chicken Biryani Masala
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 2 chopped Green Chilies
- 4 tbsp fried brown Onions
- 2 tsp Garlic paste
- 2 Tsp Ginger paste
- 2 cups of Curd
- 2/3 crushed Mace
For cooking the rice
- 1kg Biryani Rice
- 6 tbsp of Salt
- 2 tsp Shahi Jeera
- 2 Star Anis
For cooking the Chicken
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 7 tbsp of Oil/Ghee
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cardamoms
- 4 Cloves
- 2-3 Black Cardamoms
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Mint Leaves
- 3 tbsp Milk mixed with saffron
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- 5 tbsp of fried onion
Marinating the chicken
- Take all ingredients of marination in a bowl and add chicken and mix well.
- Marinate the chicken for minimum 2 hours
- Soak Basmati Rice at least for 1 hour.
- Add shahi jeera, salt and star anis to the water followed by the rice.
- Cook it only till its 50% done. Once half-done strain and set aside uncovered for the heat to escape.
- Heat oil/ghee in a kadhai.
- Add all the whole garam masalas mentioned.
- Now add in the marinated chicken, mix well.
- Cover it partially and let is cook for about 15-20 mins on medium heat.
- Turn of the heat when you see that the oil has started to separate.
- Add coriander and mint leaves and set aside covered for 10 mins.
Cooking Chicken Biryani
- Take a deep vessel, in which you can dum (slow steam heat) the Biryani.
- Apply some ghee at the bottom of the vessel.
- Add in the chicken first, spread evenly.
- Now add the half cooked rice and spread evenly.
- Garnish the layered biryani with saffron milk, coriander leaves, mint leaves, fried onion
- Cover with a clean towel and place a heavy lid on top.
- On very low heat let the biryani cook in its own steam for about 20 mins.
- Serve hot Lucknowi Chicken Biryani and enjoy.