- ¼ Cup Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 20 whole Cloves
- 9 whole Cardamom Pods
- 5 Bay Leaves
- 1 chopped Onion
- 5 small Green Chile Peppers
- 2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 3-Pound Whole Chicken, Cut into Pieces
- 1 ½ cups Plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp Everest Chicken Biryani Masala
- 6 Curry Leaves
- 3 cups Uncooked Jasmine/White Rice
- 4 ⅛ cups Water
- 1 Sprig Cilantro Leaves with Stems
- Soak rice for 30 mins in enough water to cover; then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat ghee in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in cloves, cardamom, and bay leaves.
- Add onion, chile peppers and ginger paste.
- Stir in yogurt, salt, and curry leaves, Everest Chicken Biryani Masala and then place chicken in pan.
- Cook for 20 to 25 mins, stirring occasionally and turning the chicken pieces, until only about 1 cup of liquid remains.
- Mix in rice, water, and cilantro and bring it to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 mins.
- Check rice after about 12 mins; if it is dry, add 1/2 cup water, and continue cooking.
- Serve hot Hyderabad Style Chicken Biryani and enjoy.
Other Posts You May Enjoy