Fried Momos with Veg Cheese Fillings
- 200 gms All-purpose Flour
- 120 ml Water
- Cloves of garlic
- Tomato sauce
- Everest Momo Masala
- Full-fat Coconut Milk
- Everest Curry powder
- Everest Garam Masala
- Ground Ginger
- Garlic Powder
- Everest Turmeric Powder
For the Stuffing
- 60 gms Carrot
- 200 gms Cabbage
- 1 Onion
- 1 tbsp Ginger + Garlic
- Everest Black Pepper
- 80 gms Grated Cheese mild Cheddar, Raclette type
- 1 tbsp chopped Coriander
- 4 tbsp Water
- Cooking Oil
- To make the dough, mix the flour and salt. Make a well in the center and add water.
- Knead the dough for a short time until smooth. Keep aside covered with a cloth for 20 mins to rest.
- “Heat up a pan, add oil and fry the onion.”
- Add grated carrot, cabbage, ginger-garlic paste, salt, pepper, ajinomoto, coriander, vinegar and water. Stir fry until the vegetables are all soft and cooked and until the mixture is more dry.
- In a mixing bowl, add the grated cheese and the previously fried vegetable mixture.
- Take your dough and knead again with some extra flour.
- “Cut the dough into small balls. Flatten and continue to roll them out into thin roundish circles.”
- If you want to make crescent shaped momos, place some of the filling (about 1 ½ tbsp full) onto one side more towards the center of the rolled out flat dough.
- Fold over one side, wet the ending with a drop of water and twist the edges.
- To make momos shaped like dumplings, place the filling (again about 1 ½ tbsp of the filling) in the center. Wet the edge and fold in 3 sides to the center and hold and fold in the new 3 corners to the center.
- Press and twist it at the center together so that it is properly sealed. Do that with the remaining dough or choose the crescent version.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Shallow fry the momos until they turn golden.
- Serve hot with a spicy tomato sauce!