Chana Pindi Recipe
- 2 cup Chickpeas
- Salt as required
- 4 Clove
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Everest Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Dried Pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp Everest Black Pepper Powder
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Everest Chhole Masala Powder
- 2 tbsp Everest Coriander powder
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 2 Small Onion
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 inch chopped Ginger
- Water as required
- 1 tbsp dry Mango Powder
- 2 Cinnamon stick
- Add chickpeas to a bowl and add water to it. Soak the chickpeas overnight and drain the water. Now, chop the onion into thin slices.
- Then, keep a frying pan over medium flame, add pomegranate seeds and cumin to it. Dry roast them and transfer them into a mixer jar, grind into a fine powder.
- Keep a pressure cooker over medium flame and add enough water to it. Then add chickpeas, salt, cinnamon stick, cardamom and cloves. Cover the cooker with a lid and pressure cook for 15 to 20 mins. Then turn the flame off and let the steam release itself.
- From the prepared chickpea mixture, drain and separate the liquid and reserve it. To the remaining mixture add salt, pomegranate powder, Everest Dry Mango Powder, coriander, pepper and Everest Garam Masala, Everest Chhole Masala. Mix well and make sure the chickpeas are well coated with all the spices.
- Top it up with ginger and green chilies. Mix again. Now, put a non-stick pan on medium heat and add ghee and vegetable oil to it. Pour this ghee mixture over the chickpea mixture and top it up with the retained liquid. Mix and combine well.
- Now put the pressure cooker with chickpea mixture over medium flame and cook until the moisture in the mixture dries out and the oil starts to separate from the other contents of the mixture. Once done, garnish your homemade Pindi chhole with chopped onion and serve hot!