- 2 cup Chickpeas (Kabuli chana )
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Onions
- 3-4 Green chillies
- 2 Red chillies
- 5 pods Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tsp Aniseeds
- ½ tsp Poppy seeds
- ½ inch Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Grated coconut Coriander leaves ½ bunch and a few for garnishing
- 1 tsp Everest Chhole Masala
- Turmeric : a pinch, Salt to taste, Oil for tempering.
- Soak chickpeas overnight or 8 hrs.
- Pressure cook with half tsp. salt. Strain and keep aside. Reserve the water.
- Grind only whole masala to thick paste.
- Heat oil. Add mustard, cumin, aniseeds.
- Add ground masala paste. Saute for few minutes.
- Add turmeric, salt and Everest Chhole Masala. Mix well.
- Add a little water and let it boil for few minutes. (Use the water of boiled chickpeas).
- Add cooked chickpeas and combine well and allow to boil for few more minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.Excellent with Parathas/Bhatura.