Shahi Paneer Masala
- 2 diced Onion
- 1 medium Tomato
- Ginger – Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- 50 gms Hung Curd
- 100 ml Low Fat Cream
- 100 ml Water
- Salt to taste
- 7 to 8 strands of Everest Saffron, crushed and soaked in Milk
- 1/2 tsp Elaichi Powder
- 1 tsp Honey
- Coriander for garnish
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tbsp Oil
For Making the Paste
- 10 Cashews
- 10 Almonds
- 1 tbsp Melon Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Everest Kashmirilal Powder
- 1/4 tsp Everest Turmeric Powder
- Everest Shahi Paneer Masala – 1 tsp
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1/3 tsp Shahi Jeera (Caraway Seeds)
- 1 Star Anise
- Boil the diced onions in sufficient water till they turn translucent. Drain them and allow them to cool. Puree them to a fine paste. Set aside.
- Blanch the tomatoes in hot water till their peel cracks. Drain them and allow them to cool. Grind them to a smooth puree. Set aside.
- Boil cashews, almonds and melon seeds together for 10 mins. Let them soak in that water for an hour.
- Peel the almonds if possible. Grind the cashew, peeled almonds and melon seeds together to get a smooth paste using little water.
- Heat oil and butter together in a skillet. Add cinnamon stick, bay leaf, star anise and shahi jeera.
- Allow the spices to sizzle for a few seconds till it gets aromatic.
- Add in the paste of boiled onions and sauté it for 3 to 4 mins.
- Add in the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute till the raw smell goes away.
- Pour in the tomato puree and cook for 4 to 5 mins till the oil separates.
- It is time to add the Everest Red Chili Powder, Everest Turmeric Powder, Everest Shahi Paneer Masala and salt. Cook for another minute.
- Add in the cashew paste and sauté for 3 to 4 mins constantly stirring it. This will enhance the taste of the gravy.
- Turn the flame to low and add the hung curd and mix well. Cook on low flame for a minute.
- Add in the water little by little and mix well. Adjust the salt, if need be. Bring the gravy to boil.
- Add cream and stir everything together. Add honey and saffron in the end and turn the flame off.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and Shahi Paneer is ready to be served!