For the Patty
- 3 Potatoes
- 1 gms Carrot
- 8 to 9 gms French beans
- ⅓ to ½ cup Peas
- ½ cup chopped Onions
- 1 tsp chopped Garlic
- 2 tsp chopped Ginger
- 1 tsp chopped Green Chilies
- 2 tsp chopped Coriander Leaves
- ½ tsp Everest Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Everest Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Everest Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Everest Royal Garam Masala
- ⅛ tsp Everest Turmeric Powder
- 5-6 tbsp Bread Crumbs
- 4 to 6 tbsp Oil
For the Batter
- 3 tbsp Maize Flour
- 3 tbsp Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour
- ½ cup Water
For the Mayo Dressing
- 3 tbsp Vegan Eggless Mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp crushed Black Pepper
- ¼ to ½ tsp Sugar
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ to 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Bread
- ½ cup Bread Crumbs/Crushed Oats, Semolina/Corn Flakes
For the Burger Topping
- 1 sliced Tomato
- 1 sliced Cucumber
- 1 sliced Onion
- 4 to 5 Lettuce Leaves
- 1 tbsp Butter/Oil
- 4 whole Burger Buns
Preparing Breadcrumb and the Mixture
- Break 6 to 7 slices of breads. Add it in a mixer or dry grinder. Grind to a semi-fine consistency and do not make it floury or powdery.
- Boil potatoes, carrots, beans, green peas in a pan. Cover and simmer on medium-low flame until veggies are fork tender.
- Peel and roughly chop the potatoes when warm. Also peel the cooked carrots and finely chop them. Finely chop the French beans too.
- Then mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
- When the mashed potatoes cool down, add chopped carrots, peas and beans.
- Mix everything well and keep aside.
- Then finely chop the onion and crush garlic, ginger and green chilies in a mortar-pestle. Set aside. You can crush them together or separately.
Making the Vegetable Patty Mixture
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger-garlic-green-chili paste. Sauté for some seconds till the raw aroma of ginger and garlic goes away.
- Add chopped onions. Stir and sauté till the onion turns translucent or light brown.
- Add Everest Coriander Powder, Everest Cumin Powder, Everest Garam Masala, Everest Red Chilli Powder and Everest Turmeric Powder.
- Stir and mix the spices with the rest of the mixture.
- Switch off the flame and then add the chopped coriander leaves or parsley.
- Stir very well and add this sautéed onion mixture to the mashed veggies.
- Add salt and bread crumbs. Begin to mix very well.
- Keep the veggie patty mixture aside. Check the seasonings and add more of the ground spices and salt, if needed.
- Make the veggie patties as same as the size of the burger buns. Keep aside. If the mixture looks soft or crumbles, then do add some more breadcrumbs and mix everything again very well. Cover the veggie patties and set aside.
Preparing Mayo and Toppings
- Take mayonnaise in a small mixing bowl.
- Add ground mustard seed and freshly crushed black pepper.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add apple cider vinegar or white vinegar and extra virgin olive oil/olive oil.
- Season with sugar. Add salt.
- Whisk the dressing very well. Keep aside.
- Also chop onion, tomato and cucumber in thin slices. Shred or chop some 4 to 5 small lettuce leaves or cabbage leaves.
Making the Batter
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, maize flour, rice flour and gram flour. (Instead of gram flour & rice flour, you can also use 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour).
- Add water. Stir and mix everything to a smooth batter without any lumps. The batter is of medium consistency. Keep aside.
Pan Frying Patty
- Heat 2 to 3 tbsp oil for pan frying the patties in a bowl.
- When the oil becomes medium hot, dip the patty in the batter. Coat evenly with the batter.
- Place the batter coated vegetable patty on the breadcrumbs. Dredge the patty evenly with the breadcrumbs. You can repeat the breading method twice for more crispiness.
- Place the breaded veggie patty on the frying pan. 2 to 3 tbsp oil works perfectly for frying two patties.
- When the base is lightly browned or browned, then flip the patties.
- Flip a couple of times more till the patties are pan fried evenly and the crust becomes crisp and golden.
- Drain the veggie patties on kitchen paper towels.
- Slice the burger buns in equal halves.
- Spread some butter on the burger bun slices.
- Heat a small pan and toast the butter side.
- The buttered side should become lightly crisp and golden.
- Now spread the mayonnaise dressing on the crisp side.
- Place the vegetable patty.
- Top up with sliced veggies like onion slices, tomato slices or cucumber slices.
- Spread some mayonnaise dressing on the second halve of the burger bun and top up with some shredded or chopped lettuce or cabbage leaves
- Place the burger buns on top of each other.
- Your Veggie Burger is ready!